Sunday, January 25, 2009

Extinct Birds(Our Mistakes)

Extinct Birds(Our Mistakes)

Are we there yet?
Soon we can share a toothbrush, before
long we'll even taste the same, a little bit of vanilla
and some French bread will take us a long way.

I guess donating blood is out of the question
until you come back from navigating detours.  The rental cars too,
are going to be unavailable, but I find purpose
walking in the cold to see you.

It hasn't been this heavy-set in almost
two or four years, hours of waiting at the drawstring 
blind, twisting back-and-forth.  The new view is already outdated, and
I have had to find new ways of coping.

The new blanket I brought here, the violet tie on the floor, and
especially guest pass with your name on it- reasons to step outside.  I
am dying for you.  A little bit of dying can be a good thing.  Some room
away from the rest to really see what this all will look like from a distance.

No comments: